Nothing short of a breakthrough

Oxford boffins prove existence of small man syndrome

Oxford continues its tradition for being at the height of research with its latest breakthrough.

To cut a long story short, a recent study by the University has discovered that your height really does affect your behaviour.

The researchers claim that the so-called ‘Inferiority complex’ that results from being small could actually be true. By using a virtual simulator, they were able to turn regular sized people into short-arses and place them in a mock version of the London Tube.

Bad news for Yoda, this is

After shrinking 10 inches, the guinea-pigs felt ‘inferior’ to the other passengers and believed they were being judged by people taller than them.

Other studies have shown that being taller gives you more chance of achieving success and power in your career and even getting luckier in love.

Find your inner strength like this guy

The insecurity felt by short people has been dealt with by many famous people in history, like Napoleon and Yoda. But forming an empire or becoming a Jedi aren’t the only ways to overcome this problem.

Professor Daniel Freeman has one piece of advice to give to short people: “learn to feel taller” in an emotional way. To be honest, if you’ve drawn the short straw and ended up with ‘short-man syndrome’ we suggest just buying stilts. It’s much easier.