2014 Trinity Ball Guide

All the info you need in one place

Christ Church Commemoration Ball

christ church

They say: “a twelve hour, white tie exploration of Dame Edith Sitwell’s notion of ‘english eccentrics’ ”

We say: Christ Church cements its reputation as Brideshead Revisited

Theme: English Eccentrics

Date: 21st June 2014

Tickets: Dining and punting tickets sold out, non dining tickets re-released in 3rd week Hilary

For more info, click here

Trinity Commemoration Ball

They say: “An eclectic mix of sumptuous food and drink, unrivalled entertainment and stunning surroundings will come together to create a night of unrivalled indulgence”.

We say: With two stages dedicated to music performances, this ball is one for those who like their music.

Date: 27th June 2014

Tickets: Small number of non-dining tickets still available

For more info, click here

Lincoln

They say: “At your own free will, you can break free of the fiery grips of hell and re-enter the celestial refuge of heaven. We give to you a choice which no other can. Which realm will you choose?”

We say: Alright, you’ve read some Milton. We get it.

Theme: Paradise Lost

Date: 10th May 2014

Tickets: Dining, £129, Non- dining £90

For more info, click here

St Johns

They say: “As the snow falls and the flowers bloom, guests will make their way through the transformed quads and gardens of St John’s College in all its glory. From a wintry fairground to a headline act at the seaside, we will keep you entertained from dusk till dawn”.

We say: One of the most tedious themes on offer, the ball website reads more like a schizophrenic weather report than an event guide. As one of the most expensive balls, its difficult to see how the steep price is justified.

Theme: The passing of the seasons

Date: 27th June 2014

Tickets: Dining- sold out, Non dining- available at £155

For more info, click here 

Keble Ball

They say: “Oxford’s best black tie ball”

We say: On the face of it, one of the best value balls this Trinity, plus an excuse to drape yourself in fur and neck some vodka.

Theme: Romanov Russia

Date: 10th May 2014

Tickets: £90, available from Thursday 28th January

For more info, click here

Corpus Christi

They say: ” tumble into our fantastical world where nothing is as it seems”

We say: The best ball if you’re strapped for cash

Theme: Down The Rabbit Hole

Date: 3rd May 2014

Tickets: £70, available

For more info, click here

St Annes

They say: ” the decadence and opulence of one of the most exciting periods of French history”

We say: Call the ‘cuisine’ a ‘croque-monsieur’ all you want, we know that translates as ‘cheese toastie’

Theme: La Belle Époque

Date: 10th May 2014

Tickets: £95, available from Saturday 1st Feb

For more info, click here