Oxford Hosts Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair

Hundreds flock to Oxford’s Town Hall for an afternoon of rail-raiding and bargain hunting at everyone’s favourite clothes fair.

It might have been a grey, drizzly January Saturday, but that didn’t stop hundreds of both students and locals alike dropping into Lou Lou’s thrift fair to grab a piece of genuine vintage.

With a bit of the Beatles playing in the background, shoppers browsed collections that had been source both locally and from across the UK.

Clothes stalls included: Retro, Soo Soo, Mooch Vintage, Chaba Fashion, Tattybajangles and H.E.R Vintage.

But it was not all about the clothes! Vintage in Print displayed a fabulous collection of original prints including a number of film stars and classic logos and advertisements. There was also a vintage hair and make-up salon run by Bésame and a traditional tea shop selling delicious cakes and sweet treats.

It can’t be denied that vintage clothes are something that your parents or even your grandparents may have worn. But with this fashion it is a case of ‘the older the better’! Because if Saturday’s turnout is anything to go by, then the thrift shop is thriving more than ever and vintage continues to remain bang on trend!