Which was the best party?

Supermarket v Discourse v No Scrubs

Oxford’s last week of partying saw a battle of R’n’B throwbacks and Todd Edwards cuts between Supermarket, No Scrubs and Discourse, and here we’ve got the best photos from each.

No Scrubs came in from Bristol, battling for Supermarket’s turf in promising a night of R’n’B, old-school Hip-Hop and 90s classics at the Bullingdon. There’ll be more another No Scrubs jam in the new year we’re told, and we won’t want to miss it after last weekend.

Supermarket responded brilliantly, moving to the new battleground of the Bullingdon, bringing in DJ Pied Piper and MC Creed of ‘Do You Really Like It?’ fame.

Clubbers stormed the aisles and twerked at the checkouts for what was the last proper night out for many before term’s end (or Varsity).

Despite a 3AM ending, Supermarket’s merriment spilled over into Cowley’s houses until the early dawn.

It was an impressive reminder to Bristol’s new upstarts that local parties can match what comes down the M4.

In between the two was Discourse, to complete the trio of student-run collective lettings of hair-down, where upcoming student DJs made those who had packed out Carbon’s seedy cellar float through another night of feel-good sounds.

Vote at the bottom for the party at which you got most silly, gave two fingers to your deadlines and behaved in such a way to secure the need for some apology texts the next morning.

Spilled drink or shot wound?

#2 Discourse

#3 Supermarket