Style Diaries- 5th Week

BNOC special edition of the photo-journal from Oxford’s most stylish students.

For this week’s Style Diaries, we are delighted to give you an exclusive glimpse into the wardrobe of Joe Miles.

A self professed “prolific online procrastinator”, Joe  is heralded as a BNOC across colleges due to his prominence on Facebook group Overheard At Oxford.

The second year PPEist and Wadhamite lives by the fashion philosophy “Comfort should always come first, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look good”. Preach it, Joe.

He kindly agreed to share his style with us throughout 5th week.

Monday

Joe explains that Monday’s style is a relaxed look for lounging around at home during a lecture free day. The muted palette is simple and chic – whilst the statement collar on the jumper scores serious fashion points.

Glasses – RayBan / Jumper – Vintage / Trousers – Reebok / Socks – M&S

Tuesday

Today is band practice. Joe reflects his musical mood in this kooky zebra print tee from designer boutique, Paul Smith. We love how the musical theme is referenced throughout the outfit, from the keyboard on the zebra to the musical notes of the umbrella. Keep rocking, Joe.

Jeans – Gap / T-shirt – Paul Smith / Umbrella – Blackwell’s

Wednesday

Today, Joe shows us his decadent side as he gives us a sumptuous take on lounge wear. The look oozes both glamour and cosiness, whilst the clashing necktie is a bold but brilliant addition.

Lounge suit – Vintage / Pyjama bottoms – M&S / Slippers – M&S / Necktie – Godiva boutique in Edinburgh

Thursday

Joe’s off to his lectures today. A checkered shirt paired with some deep red corduroys provides a striking textured look. He braves the cold weather with a simple beige jacket and the Wadham college scarf.

Friday

This evening, Joe is off to the Oxford Union Ball to “celebrate” the sinking of the Titanic. We love the contrast of the white shirt with the black bow tie and blazer in this original black tie look.

Saturday

We don’t think we’ve ever seen anyone so look dapper for a bop as Joe pulls out all the stops for Wadham’s Myth and Mystery theme. His tribute to Sherlock Holmes gets a dramatic flourish in the form of this oak smoking pipe.

But don’t be fooled by the rich material of the waistcoat, Joes tells us ‘It was actually a bargain find from Amazon for twenty quid’.

Pipe- Amazon/ Waistcoat- Amazon/ Coat- Ben Sherman/ Scarf- Godiver Boutique (Edinburgh)

Sunday

Today Joe gives us a peak into his laid back Sunday look. He chooses the epitome of casual chic- the onesie.

Whilst the onesie can often be a difficult look to pull off, Joe’s choice of stripes enhances his figure whilst staying on trend. Meanwhile, the multitude of colours reflect Joe’s playful attitude.

Onesie- Amazon/ Socks- M&S/ Duvet- Model’s own

Many thanks to Joe for kindly sharing his style with us week. Check back tomorrow to see who will be in 6th week’s Style Diary!