Gay Hate Cleric Plans Visit To Oxford

Mufti Ismail Menk, who thinks gays are worse than animals, has announced plans to speak at Oxford University

back to the future cleric gay hate speech lgbtq muslim oxford

Oxford University is set to host a controversial Muslim preacher who claims that all gay sex is as bad as rape next Thursday.

Mufti Ismail Menk is planning to tour a number of UK universities to spread his toxic message. After David Willets and George Galloway provoked fury in recent appearances in Oxford, Menk is likely to be received with at least some degree of hostility.

Fun for all the family?

The hate preacher, who normally lives in Zimbabwe, has frequently courted controversy having compared consensual gay relations to bestiality in the past .

The crazed cleric continues “with all due respect to the animals, [gay people] are worse than those animals. With all due respect to the animals, because to the animals it is an insult to even suggest this. Automatically the pigs and the dogs do not engage in this (homosexuality)”.

The cleric dislikes heeding his own advice

He really dislikes heeding his own advice

According to his publicity poster, Menk is due to give his talk in Wellington Square at 5pm on Thursday 14th November.

However he is due just an hour later in Mile End. With the Oxford Tube taking up to two and a half hours when there is bad traffic coming out of Headington, it remains a mystery how he plans to manage this.

The hate-filled homophobe’s tour is being sponsored by the Tayyibun Institute, a small London based organisation that runs Islamic courses.

Despite the announcement, Oxford University has distanced itself from the cleric.

In a statement a spokesperson for the university said: ““The University of Oxford has not extended an official invitation to Mufti Ismail Menk, and we have so far been unable to confirm even whether such an event is actually scheduled to take place in Oxford.

“The University of Oxford is committed to providing an inclusive environment in which equality is promoted, diversity is valued and the rights and dignity of all its staff and students are respected.”

The Tayyibun Institute did not respond to a request for comment.