Oxford to host Quidditch Cup

Oxford confused for Hogwarts again

The weekend of the 9th and 10th of November is sure to be a magical one. Oxford is going to be filled with self-styled Potterheads as the national phenomenon of ‘Muggle Quidditch’ comes to Uni Parks.

We are the only university in the country to offer two teams – the Radcliffe Chimeras and the Quidlings – who will battle it out against offerings from the likes of Edinburgh and Keele (Keele!).

Balls will be Rowling

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY

‘Muggle Quidditch’ was founded in Vermont in 2005 and still struggles to be recognised as a serious sport. The captain of Oxford’s first team says “many of the players haven’t even read all the books or seen the films, they come just for the sport.  It’s mixed gender and physically demanding.”

Uni Parks will host the inaugural UK tournament and it’s set to be an exciting one with real life Snitches running around.

Co-captain of Oxford’s second team stated: “this promises to be the most thrilling demonstration of Quidditch as a sport yet.”

It also promises to be the most thrilling demonstration of over-excited fandom, too. Expect confused tourists.