Style Diaries – 2nd Week

Photo-journals from Oxford’s most stylish.

This week’s Style Diary is by Hayley Owen, the woman behind the Oxford fashion blog Hayley Joeann.  She works for the Oxford charity Helen & Douglas House, exploring her love of fashion by working with their vintage clothes donations.

Monday

Hayley says, “This is a simple outfit that I wore to a meeting – any meeting I go to I always take a huge handbag. This one is perfect as it fits in everything I need such as paperwork, notebooks and my laptop”.

This orange and red kimono is the perfect transitional piece for the start of Autumn; it has all the key seasonal colours whilst also being light enough for the temperamental weather in Oxford.

Jacket – River Island / Boots & Jeans – Topshop / Top & Bag – New Look / Kimono – Helen & Douglas House (Summertown) / Necklace – Claire’s Accessories / Vintage Watch – Helen & Douglas House (Abingdon) / Bracelet – Festival

Tuesday

Today’s day time outfit needed to be warm to brave the autumn weather. Hayley tell us that black is her favourite colour to wear – a flattering look can be achieved by simple adding a bright colour such as this thick pink  jumper.

For an evening out with friends, Hayley puts on the dark lipstick, a perfect shade for winter. The collar on the jacket is also detachable, but apparently the material is so soft, Hayley never removes it!

Day Outfit : Jumper – British Heart Foundation / Gilet – Primark / Leggings – Miss Selfridge / Boots – Topshop
Evening Outfit : Dress – New Look / Leather Jacket – Topshop / Boots – Topshop / Lipstick – MaxFactor (Mulberry)

Wednesday

This outfit is the epitome of laid back elegance. The trench coat is an ageless Fashion favourite. Hayley tells us, “of course, I’d love to have the Burberry classic trench, but for now this dupe from Next will do”.

Coat – Next / Top- Topshop / Jeans – Miss Selfridge / Chelsea boots – Clarks / Gold earrings – Claire’s accessories

Thursday

Hayley’s black skirt is the ultimate fashion multi-tasker. In the day time it makes for a stylish outfit for a serious meeting, but a swipe of bold lipstick and an embellished top are all it needs to transform into a great evening look.

Day outfit: Skirt – Zara / Jumper – New Look / Boots – Topshop / Bag – Michael Kors / Watch – Michael Kors
Evening Outfit: Skirt – Zara / Top – New Look / Heels – Office / Lipstick – MaxFactor

Friday

In the day, Hayley wears an Aztec print dress cinched at the waist. For an evening out at a comedy show in Oxford, Hayley stands out from the crowd with a quirky bowler hat and a studded handbag. Hayley says, “I loved this bag from Topshop and was gutted when it was sold out so I looked it up online and managed to grab it on eBay! It’s a great place to find things that have been discontinued in shops”.

Day Outfit: Dress – Miss Selfridge / Belt – River Island / Faux fur jacket – New Look / Boots – Topshop
Evening Outfit: Jacket – River Island / Bowler Hat – Topshop / Top – Zara / Skirt – Topshop / Bag – Topshop

Saturday

We love this dressed down look from Hayley for a shopping trip in town. A casual grey tshirt and cardigan look far from sloppy when accessorised with this beautiful statement necklace. The brief spell of sun we got this morning in Oxford also provided a great opportunity for Hayley to wear these on trend chunky sandals.

Jacket – River Island / Leggings – Miss Selfridge / Top- Topshop / Shoes – Clarks / Bag – Boutique in Spitalfields (London) / Necklace – New Look

Sunday

This little red dress is a stand out piece. Hayley teams it with a denim jacket with an interesting story. She explains, “the oversized vintage levi jacket was from the costume wardrobe of Midsomer Murders. I met with the costume designer through work and she gave it to me as a gift.”

Day: Top – Asos / Shirt – Miss Selfridge / Jeans – River island / Shoes – Topshop / Bag – Ebay / Necklace – New Look
Evening: Dress – Miss Selfridge / Boots – Topshop / Backpack – Vintage Chanel / Vintage Levi Denim Jacket

Thanks very much to Hayley for sharing her style throughout 2nd week!

Check out next week’s Style Diaries here!

Want to write stories, take photos or make videos for the Tab? We’d love to get you involved, email [email protected].