Times Higher Education World rankings: we’re still on top

Oxford 2nd, Cambridge 7th

Oxford come in at number 2 joint with Harvard; Cambridge barely make the top ten. 

In yet another ranking, Oxford comes in at the very top. In the latest Times Higher Education statistics, we joined Harvard to take the number two spot.

Caltech: Academically stronger, perhaps, but not as pretty…

The figures show that besides Oxbridge and London institutions, the UK doesn’t fare so well competing against American universities. But we’re still like, really good.

Dreams of “Doxbridge” becoming a household term have once again been shattered as Durham just got in the top 100 ranking at 80. Cambridge were 7th.

The US pips us with the California Institute of Technology, followed by Harvard, Stanford, MIT and Princeton.

The editor of the THE Supplement has concerns about the UK’s status as a powerhouse for academic institutions: “Imperial, UCL plus the universities of Manchester and Bristol have all slipped to varying degrees. Although other institutions have risen, and some significantly, such global brands act as flagships for the rest of the UK, so this is a worry.”

But we don’t have to worry.

The Top Ten is grim reading for the rest of Britain