Tan-tastic Fundraising

Eight Univ students go orange for Romania

On Tuesday morning 8 of Univ’s finest freshers got horrifically dark fake tans in order to raise money for the Life Foundation.

At the time of writing, almost £900 has been raised, with a naked calendar promised if £1000 is reached.

The future’s bright…

The event, described on Facebook as ‘Univ Gets Tango-ed’, explained how the group members were chosen from amongst the pastiest girls in Univ, and employed witty puns such as “ORANGE you glad you’re not us??”

Fritzl’s children had seen more sun than this specimen

It appears the event was originally conceived as a way to prevent one team member – Abi – from chatting continuously about orphans in Romania. Since the £500 barrier was smashed, she has been forced to cease her relentless drone about inane poverty-stricken eastern Europeans. Some in Univ have described this silence as the greatest aspect of the whole event.

The alluring profile picture

Emma Coombs, pictured above, was heard to say “So much of my identity is wrapped up with being pale so when it turned out I really liked the tan, I had a bit of a crisis”. She further added that when she updated her profile picture “the friend requests started flooding in”. The Tab notes that she has made two new Facebook friends recently.

Midas touch?

Sybil Devlin has agreed to re-tan herself for the illustrious Univ Ball in 9th week now that the £600 mark has been smashed, leaving some to wonder whether Jekyll and Hyde will benefit from a TOWIE twist.

Come rain or shine… This won’t wash off

Sophie Lucas, Historian, casually remarked, “I’ve actually just heard i’ve got an internship with Willy Wonka this summer! so pysched!”

No-one laughed.