Bullingdon boors beat True Blues bores in Prime Minister scores

Cambridge students ‘boring’ according to ex-president of the True Blues.

James Pembroke, former President of the True Blues, has attempted to explain in his memoir why the number of Oxford graduates that have gone on to become Prime Minister vastly outnumbers those from Cambridge.

Nine out of the last thirteen Prime Minsters attended Oxford, and none of them Cambridge. The last Cambridge man to run the country was Stanley Baldwin in 1923.

Pembroke’s explanation? Cambridge undergraduates were boring:“Ninety per cent of Cambridge undergraduates of all backgrounds adhered to a code of drabness which would have amply satisfied Chairman Mao.”

He undermines the club over which he once presided: “Few True Blue Men have achieved greatness. The Bullingdon was founded by thrusting Victorian Tories; the True Blue by foppish Georgian Whigs. We were too busy getting trashed to trash other chaps’ rooms.”

Boris could hardly contain his excitement upon hearing the news

The notorious secret society the Bullingdon Club is known to produce future PMs, yet its Cambridge counterpart, the True Blues, demonstrates that scandal produces paragons of dignity and grace, such as Boris Johnson, and the ever-controversial limp face of David Cameron.