Oxford Gets A 2:2 In Sexual Health

You’ve probably got chlamydia.

Oxford found itself in 13th place in a report by DrEd.com which graded the sexual health facilities of Russel Group universities.

The facilities of each university were rated on eleven criteria, including ‘student satisfaction’, ‘sexual assault resources’ and ‘condom and contraceptive availability’.

Oxford was awarded an A for the availability of contraception…

Only three Universities were awarded a first in the report: Nottingham, Kings College and Bristol.

Nottingham came top of the table with A grades in every category except ‘drop ins or bookings’ and ‘sexual assault services’.

Oxford received an E in ‘campus info’ and fared little better in other categories, such as ‘website ease of use’ and ‘location’, with a total of four D grades overall.

In fact, the only categories in which Oxford achieved A grades were ‘contraceptive access’ and ‘special events and testing’.

The overall score awarded to Oxford was 57- far below Nottingham’s score of 83. Cambridge, UCL and Exeter all beat Oxford in the rankings, with scores of 64, 61 and 64, respectively.

One of the organisers of the study told The Tab “The quality and quantity of sexual health information provided online by Oxford University is currently very limited when compared with other universities.

As the primary sexual health clinic is off campus, bringing the sexual health clinic to campus for regular testing days could be a great way to increase access to services and raise awareness.”

A member of the welfare team at Magdalen responded to the study: “It’s great to see that Oxford has done well in areas such as the availability of contraceptives as this is something that the welfare teams are responsible for providing.

Oxford’s scores will inevitably be limited in relation to categories such as ‘campus info’ and ‘location’ due to the college system.”

What do you think about Oxford’s sexual health facilities? Let us know in the comments.