Keys, Gray and Khan to speak at Union

TV villains joined by Imran Khan, Calvin Klein and Tony Benn at the Union.

| UPDATED andy gray calvin klein exclusive imran khan oxford union richard keys

They were the faces of Sky Sports football until a catalogue of sexism saw them unceremoniously booted off the air.

But TV villains Andy Gray and Richard Keys are set to complete a remarkable turnaround in fortunes when they speak at the Union this term.

The dirty duo, now on the radio with Talksport, will appear on Tuesday 26th February – part of a new batch of speakers exclusively revealed by The Tab.

Back in the game.. Keys (r) and Gray (l)

The term will also see visits from cricketing legend and ageing hearthrob Imran Khan, underwear magnate Calvin Klein and dinosaur politician Tony Benn. Impressionist Jon Culshaw and poet Michael Morpurgo complete the line-up.

President Maria Rioumine said: “We are very excited about the new additions to the term. With such variety, there really is something for everyone.”

Oxford alumnus Khan has drawn plenty of attention in the past from adoring fans, but it is Keys and Gray who will cause the biggest stir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMy-LeeUjyU

The pair were dumped by Sky in 2011 after suggesting female assistant referee Sian Massey didn’t know the offside rule.

And the furore deepened when videos emerged showing the incident was not a one-off.

One clip showed Keys ask of pundit Jamie Rednkapp’s ex-girlfriend: “Did you smash it?”

They later embarked on an after-dinner speaking tour named Smash It, but Gray told the Evening Standard he contemplated suicide over the scandal.

New speakers this term
Tony Benn – Thursday 4th Week, 7th February, 2pm
Calvin Klein – Monday 5th Week, 11th February, 3pm
Imran Khan – Saturday 6th Week, 23rd February, 3:30pm. In association with Pakistan Society
Jon Culshaw – Monday 7th Week, 25th February, 7:30pm
Andy Gray and Richard Keys –  Tuesday 7th Week, 26th February, 7:30pm
Michael Morpurgo – Wednesday 8th Week, 6th March, 7:30pm