For your pleasure: The boys of oxford

The Tab scoured the streets of Oxford to discover how our boys fared in the style stakes

| UPDATED Mens Fashion

The Tab headed straight to Turl Street, Oxford’s answer to Brick Lane, to catch a sight of the town’s style tribes.

Amidst the epic, yet unspoken battle of the coloured jean/desert boot combo versus the rolled up skinny/beanie hat crew, The Tab went in search of its first victim…

The Seasoned Traveller

Stumbling out of Turl Street Kitchen, cigarette in hand and a silver hoop in his ear, The Tab found Billy Kelleher, a 20 year-old Australian, living in Stockholm and gracing St Hugh’s College with his presence for just two days.

Though he tells The Tab he “always shops at op shops” today he is, regrettably it seems, only wearing new clothes. Naturally, he lists off a number of independent shops in Stockholm and London as his regular haunts, grabbing The Tabs’ attention when he notes his scarf is from a market in Montmartre.

*Could he be too cool?*

“Fashion in France is just too static, I always feel underdressed. England is different”.

For those of you that long for a man with a tale from every city and a guitar in tow, we suggest a one-way ticket to Stockholm.

One of the lads

Then there is James Lorenz, a fresh-faced first year Worcesterite who divides his time between the rugby pitch and wooing the ladies with his devilish chat.

Today he is sporting a Ralph Lauren scarf, a H and M maroon jumper – his favourite item of clothing – a Barbour jacket, and a pair of chocolate-brown suede chelsea boots.

He spends a mere five minutes getting ready so if you’re into that ‘get up and go’ type… he’s your man.

Who wins? You decide.

But now that we have seen what the boys of Oxford have to offer, next week it’s the turn of the girls. So don your best coats, fur pieces, oversized jumpers and ankle boots because ladies, The Tab is coming to get you.