Stats Unbelievable!

The Tab takes a statistical look at the players and teams to watch out for this term.

| UPDATED Colleges Football Hilary Stats

Nearly 2000 goals were scored last Michaelmas in the college league. So we were wondering – who are the footballing superstars racking up the goals that fans should be looking out for in the term ahead?

Exeter have undoubtedly been the stand out team of the season so far, sitting proudly atop the Premier League with a 100% record of 5 wins from 5 matches.

They’re a slick, dedicated team who leave everything on the pitch, and their success has been built on the back of a watertight defence who have conceded only once.

College football is back!

For pure firepower it is hard to look past St. Catz 2nds who have netted 46 goals in just 8 matches.

This has been in no small part down to Chris Lambert, whose 17 goals have seen him find the net more than an arthritic tennis player.

Lambert however trails behind Sam Donald in the race to be top scorer, The New and Blues goal-machine has grabbed 22 goals so far.

Lower league and Reserve football superstars Ollie Park and Benedict Newman-Sanders are also on the goal trail having bagged 19 strikes each.

Univ star Park celebrates another goal.

These strikers need wing-men to provide assists and New’s Edd Hermes has excelled in this department linking up with Donald for 10 goals already. As a partnership, they’re a great advert for the game.

Meanwhile, the brilliantly named Lionel Mossi of Worcester has provided 7 assists without a goal of his own, whether this is due to poor finishing or selflessness we can’t be sure. But Mossi clearly isn’t just there to make up the numbers.

Wingers get back to work.

Not everyone is blessed with creativity; Teddy Hall’s Adam Fellows has racked up an astonishing 1,111 minutes without a goal or an assist proving that football is about reliability as much as goal-scoring exploits.

That’ll be little comfort to Magdalen however who lie dead last in the Premier League, having yet to trouble the scorers in any of their 6 matches this season.

It looks like this season we’ll be expecting another term of thrills and spills across all the JCR divisions, and The Tab team looks forward to bringing you the best bits.