The Hotlist: First Week

The Tab’s Culture Eds pick this week’s top five unmissable events

Rainbow Shark EP Launch

Image, Toby Mather

What? The boys of Rainbow Shark are playing a special gig at The Wheatsheaf with Timmy Two Legs. The first 20 through the door will receive a free copy of the record

Why? Listen to their sound here.

When? Tuesday, 8pm

Where? The Wheatsheaf, 129 High Street

How much? £5

Click here for the facebook event

Oxford Hub House Party Weekend

What? Last year’s shindig drew in big crowds and this year they’ve brought in Dot’s Funk Odyssey to get the people going. There’ll be live comedy, food and the talents of Vladhimir Woodham and Steph McGillivray.

When? Friday 18th; 8:30pm

Where? Oxford Hub, above the Turl Street Kitchen, 16 – 17 Turl Street

How much? £2 entry

Click here for the facebook event

Professor David Nutt Talk

What? ‘The current laws on drugs and alcohol – ineffective, dishonest and unethical?’ Controversial ex-advisor to the Department of Health, Professor Nutt makes the case for drug legalisation.

When? Friday 18th; 4.00-5.30pm

Where? Ryle Room, Radcliffe Humanities, OX2 6GG

How much? Free

Click here for the event page

Free lunch at the Old Fire Station

What? Oxfordshire Waste Partnership are giving away 500 free lunches cooked with food that would otherwise have gone to landfill. They’re rustling up a vegetable curry cooked with food donated by Food Direct.

When?  Thursday 17th; 12-2pm

Where? The Old Fire Station

How much? Free

Click here for the event page

Taste Of The Tropics from ACKHI

What? ACKHI (African and African-Caribbean Kultural Heritage Initiative) are laying on a feast at their lunchtime pop-up restaurant. The menu should include Jerk Chicken, Curry Goat, Dumplins and Fried Plantains. Delicious and nutritious.

When? Wednesday 16th; 1-3pm

Where? Room A, B Block, East Oxford Community Centre, 44B Princes Street, (off Cowley Road), Oxford OX4 1HU

How much? £1-5.50 for food

Click here for the event page