It’s almost time

The 131st Varsity Match is only a day away. Get excited.

We’re less than 24 hours from the grandest of sporting occasions as Oxford’s Blues prepare to take on Cambridge in The Varsity Match 2012.

Hosted, as ever, on the hallowed turf of Twickenham, the stakes are high this year as Oxford aim for a hat-trick of wins.

The Tabs (we really didn’t think this through) are wounded after two straight defeats. They’ll be hungry to avenge last year’s 28-10 loss.

But captain John Carter is determined to stop that happening and his 2012 squad includes nine returning Blues.

His squad is: Lewis Anderson, Bob Baker, Cassian Bramham Law, John Carter, Heewon Cho, Stuart Commins, Jon Direen, Samson Egerton, Nick Gardner, James Harris, Jonathan Hudson, Henry Hughes, Gus Jones, Henry Lamont, Jason Law, Dugald Macdonald, Hamish Macdonald, Charlie Marr, Michael Rickner, Will Rowlands, Gav Turner, Oscar Vallance, Alex Waddingham and James Wisson.

To get you in the mood for the 131st Varsity Match, here’s a video of the rival teams training. If you can stomach the Jack Wills-y-ness, it’s a unique insight into the lives of elite athletes. Let’s have it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSOYESEyzY