Oxford Clubbing: What to Wear

How to get the look for Oxford’s best club nights

Bridge clubbing fashion Lava Ignite oxford tab Rebecca Lawrence the tab oxford university of oxford what to wear

In the sexually charged stewing pot that is the Oxford clubbing scene the way you dress can make all the difference to the success of your sharking efforts.

Most people know that you don’t turn up to Cellar in your glam dress and heels or Camera Fridays in trainers and a t-shirt, but for those of you who don’t, here is a guide to dress right for every night.

This week we kick off with look at Lava Ignite and Bridge…

Lava Ignite has an easy going atmosphere, filled with college and varsity sports teams who are used to spending their time in tracksuits or rowing onesies. So if you want to pull don’t over dress!

Frida & Rachel 

Why have you guys gone with what you’re wearing tonight?

R “It was the first thing I found in my wardrobe!”

F: “It seemed like a relatively casual outfit for a club night with quite a chilled atmosphere.”

James & James

What made you guys choose these outfits? 

James (Left): “I wear black on the outside because that is how I feel on the inside” …

James (Right): “Lava Ignite is quite a chilled club night so I only got dressed about half an hour ago. I just threw this on.”

Charlotte & Anna

Why have you gone with this look tonight?

C: “Because it’s Halloween!”

A: “I usually get quite dressed up to go to Lava Ignite; it’s a great night out!”

Bridge is a different scene and an excuse to get your high heels and body-con dresses on. Smart with a pinch of slut sets the tone for the evening, a fail-proof combination that is all the more effective when £5 jugs are involved.

Matthew

What decided what you’re wearing this evening?

M: “I’m an exchange student and didn’t bring many clothes with me!”

Hettie, Kirsten & Emma

What influences how you dress for Bridge?

K: “We all wanted to get dressed up to go on a girly night out. Bridge is the best as it has the best looking guys!”

E: “You can’t go to Bridge without making a massive effort with what you’re wearing ; it’s the best club night here.”