Nottingham Trent is one of the only unis *not* striking in the 18 days of industrial action

150 university across the country are set to face strike action over February and March

Whilst the UCU has announced further strikes confirmed to start on February 1st at over 150 universities across the country, Nottingham Trent is one of the only unis in the country where staff will not partake in industrial action.

Staff at Nottingham Trent University  did not participate in the strike action that occurred last semester in November 2022.

Back in November, a spokesperson for Nottingham Trent said: “Contrary to claims by National UCU and subsequent reports in the media, at Nottingham Trent University there will be no strike action this term.

“We decided the best course of action for our community, both colleagues and students, was to agree our pay deal locally with our trade unions. As a result, all teaching and assessments will continue as normal and there will be no disruption to the student experience.”

It is confirmed that in almost every other university in the country, including the Uni of Nottingham, there will be 18 days of strike action during the months of February and March. Staff within these unis are battling for better pay and pensions, among other things.

The UCU has confirmed that the first day of strike action will be February 1st.

Nottingham Trent is one of three universities where staff are not participating in strike action, as well as Birmingham City Uni and Ruskin College in Oxford. You can see the full list of participating universities here.

• Confirmed: University of Nottingham staff set to start strikes in two weeks time

• University of Nottingham staff set to strike for 18 days before Easter

• Lenton based vegan restaurant 13th Element announces closure due to cost of living crisis