The Rose and Crown is offering free Christmas dinner to anyone spending the holidays alone

It is offering a community table where those alone can sit together

The Rose and Crown in Lenton is offering anyone who would normally be spending Christmas Day alone a free Christmas dinner.

During this time of year where everyone is excited to be with loved ones, it can be a lonely time for many others who have no one to celebrate the holidays with.

So this year the Lenton pub is allocating a “community table” where anyone who is alone will be able to access a Christmas dinner and a hot drink completely free of charge between 12-3pm on 25th December.

The team expressed that with so many businesses such as cafés and shops closed it is important that there be somewhere where people can go for some much needed conversation.

This new incentive runs alongside the pubs ongoing scheme where those who work for fire, police or ambulance service and are on duty on Christmas Day are able to pick up a turkey and stuffing cob with roast potatoes and gravy from the pub between 12 and 2pm.

• Emergency services called to huge house fire on Harrington Drive in Lenton

• University of Nottingham investigating two accounts of hate crime towards staff

Man admits killing 18-year-old prospective Nottingham Uni student in car crash