All the ways Nottingham Trent University is celebrating Islamophobia Awareness Month

IAM was founded in 2012

Nottingham Trent University announced their celebration of Islamaphobia Awareness Month today on their Instagram. The month was founded in 2012, and takes place every November. Its aim is to celebrate Muslim culture, and challenge harmful stereotypes about Islam and Muslims.

NTU has said that they “intend the programme to bring an awareness of Islamophobia and its impact on members of the Muslim community, dispel the one-sided views that can emerge and celebrate Islam and the contributions of Muslims in the UK.

Causes and Cures of Islamophobia  Wednesday 2 November, 6 pm to 7.15 pm

The first event is an online discussion, hosted by Executive Dean Angela Brown. This event will discuss Islamophobia in British society, what causes this prejudice and how to tackle it.

Islamophobia Exhibition Wednesday 2 November – Friday 4 November (all day)

This will take place in the Newton Building on City Campus. It is an art exhibition that is showing the contributions of Muslims to Britain.

Islamic Society drop in event Wednesday 9 November 2022

NTU’s Islamic Society are hosting a discussion on Islamophobia and how to raise awareness and tackle it in society. This even is only open to NTU staff and students, and will be taking place in the Global Lounge on City Campus.

Experiences of conversion presentation Tuesday 15 November 2022, 1 – 2 pm

This is an online event, in which Lecturer Dr Glenn Williams will discuss what it is like to convert to a different faith.

NTU Libraries exhibition  Wednesday 23 – Friday 25 November 2022

This will be taking place in Clifton Campus Library. NTU Libraries have hired an art exhibition from Islamophobia awareness, which shows the positive contributions of Muslims to British society.

Online Book Club Tuesday 29 November 2022, 5 – 6.30 pm

This is an online event, which is discussing the book “A journey into the heart of Islam:Sufism”. This event is hosted by Dr Glenn Williams, and in this session he will introduce Sufism.

• What your star sign says about what kind of student you are

• A guide to surviving university in Nottingham as an introvert

A sweet tooth’s guide to Lenton