This is what your star sign says about what kind of Nottingham student you are

Me looking at the current astrology to confirm my mood swings

Ever wondered why you are the type of student you are? Why you think a certain way or get along with a certain type of person more than others? It could be based on your star sign. Zodiac signs tell us all about our strengths, weaknesses, motivations and ambitions. Here, we’ve done a deep dive into what this could mean for your life as a student.

Aries: 21st March – 19th April

Aries, you are ever so passionate, but only about things you want to be passionate about. If you’re not interested, then you won’t care and will be looking for other things to do – so let’s hope it’s your degree that you’re interested in. You are impatient and driven – this doesn’t necessarily bode well during group projects, where you always want to be the leader.

But, Aries, you are the life and soul of the party, when you want to be. You always want to be spending your time in the best way possible, always looking for an adventure. Just make sure you find the balance between fun and studying.

Taurus: 20th April – 20th May

Perseverant, generous and practical. Taurus, you are incredibly resourceful, and you like to be organised. These are great strengths when it comes to being a student but be careful – don’t spend all your time organising and not working. And do you really need all that stationary?

Above all, you crave stability and routine, so make sure you look after yourself so you can keep being the fab student you are!

Gemini: 21st May – 21st June

Socially, you’re adaptable, understanding and have an open mind – meaning you can be pretty popular, Gemini. Not only are you popular, but you’re good at what you do and have such potential… you’re just doing too much. I think the phrase “Jack of all trades” fits with you – you have so many interests, and commitment is not your favourite thing to say the least.

For you, I think the key to your success is to try not to spread yourself too thinly.

Cancer: 22nd June – 22nd July

Cancer, you are always the parent of the group – but don’t let people take advantage of that. Although everyone really appreciates you organising the group project, the night out, or the cleaning rota, you often find it difficult to prioritise yourself. Don’t let this get in the way of you doing what you need to do – or of you having a good night out because you’re too worried about looking out for everyone else.

Also, don’t forget about your creative side, it’s such an important part of who you are and neglecting it isn’t good for you. Although you lack self-belief, you can go far Cancer, don’t lose sight of the end goal.

Leo: 23rd July – 22nd August

Leo, you really don’t know how to half arse anything. You always want to be the best, at the top of your game. And you want everyone to know it – sitting at the front of the lecture and asking plenty of insightful questions in your seminars. You are also incredibly warm, charismatic and naturally funny. You have a natural presence which puts people at ease, even inspiring them with your fiery personality, determination, and hatred toward injustice.

A Leo student is one who works incredibly hard but sets unrealistic expectations and is so harsh on themselves. Use this to drive you, and don’t let it hinder you!

Virgo: 23rd August – 22nd September

Brainy, analytical, and organised – is there a better student than a Virgo? You work hard and you’re amazing friend, but you don’t know how to put yourself first. Virgos are the type of students to take notes for you when you miss the lecture, do more than their fair share of the group coursework and set-aside their own needs for others.

Virgo you’re a great student and a lovely person to have around, just make sure your priorities are in the correct order.

Libra: 23rd September – 23rd October

Librans are incredibly indecisive, meaning choosing your course was difficult enough – let alone a career path! Sticking to one hobby might be difficult for you too or focussing on one task for too long. There’s nothing a Libra likes more than feeling balanced, therefore times where your life equilibrium is jeopardised can be really tricky for you. Be especially wary of this during exam and deadline seasons.

Overall, you’re a naturally intelligent student and you’ll do brilliantly if you keep yourself in balance!

Scorpio: 24th October – 21 November

You’re ambitious, which is almost always a good thing, if you know what direction you’re heading in – which Scorpios often don’t. You like to keep your cards close to your chest and are secretly very competitive. You’re brave, focused and are one of those people who is just effortlessly good at everything you do.

The secret to your success, Scorpio, is to learn which goals are worth pursuing and not wasting your precious time.

Sagittarius: 22nd November – 21st December

A Sagittarius student is one full of opinions – and often likes sharing them. You are competitive and impatient, meaning groupwork is maybe not your favourite thing, and so you’d prefer to work solo despite your natural charisma.

You have a level of curiosity which has followed you throughout your education and makes learning new things exciting – but your impatience prohibits you when going over content with which you are already familiar, or that bores you. In order to be a good student, keep yourself active, both physically and mentally, because there is nothing worse for a Sag than feeling like you’ve wasted time.

Capricorn: 22nd December – 19th January

Of all the signs, Capricorn is the least likely to be at uni “for the vibes”. You’re there with a plan, ready to learn and not waste any time! Capricorns are the type of people to thank their lecturer, and to email them with 10 questions about the content. You’re resilient but you crave stability in your life – and this needs to be something you’re aware of.

Capricorn, you’re generous and reliable and a great friend. Make sure you prioritise your friendships and make time for other people.

Aquarius: 20th January – 18th February

You’re such a free-spirit Aquarius! The perfect person to have on a night out is an Aquarius due to their impulsive and go-with-the-flow attitude. You love people and feel deep connections to others but do your best thinking alone. You are independent and that’s a great thing, but don’t be scared to ask others for help!

You are incredibly easy going – meaning leaving things to the last minute may become a habit for you. Ensure you’re strict with yourself in order to avoid this.

Pisces: 19th February – 20th March

You are creative, and even inventive. You will always come up to solutions to problems that the other signs wouldn’t even think of – meaning you are a very gifted artist, entrepreneur, and valuable team member. Your curiosity will be of much use to you throughout your university career – so make sure to follow your interests.

Pisces are very sensitive, and so one thing you may struggle with as a student is getting your need for regular reassurance met. Also, try not to get too caught up in all your daydreams in order to stay focussed.

Featured image before edits via Unsplash.

•  10 lessons you’ll learn as a Notts student in your first semester

• All the best ways for Notts students to get rid of Freshers’ Flu

•  These are six of Nottingham’s most shocking student house stories