Not that we need telling, but Nottingham has ranked as one of the best nights out in the UK

It has also ranked as the one the safest nights out in the whole country

Nottingham is one of the top cities for a night out in the whole of the UK, a new study finds.

If you ever even so much as had a taste of Nottingham nightlife then you already know it’s the best but now it has been empirically proven.

In a study carried out by Get Licensed, eight factors were analysed including the number of bars, pubs and clubs per 100,000 people, percevied safety when walking home at night and the average price of a pint to establish once for all, which city in the UK has the best night out.

With all factors considered, Nottingham ranked as the 27th best city in the whole of the UK for a night out, scoring a total of 5.04 out of 10. It also scored as the UK’s 35th safest city for a night out, scoring 4.7 when considering factors such as population and perceived fear of being robbed.

Taking the first-place crown for the best city in the entire country for a night out was York, scoring a whopping 7.67.

Brb, moving to York.

• More than half of the students at University of Nottingham are female

• Nottingham University to ‘pilot’ consent classes through sports teams and societies

• Nottingham student ended up in court and was fined £1,150 after not buying tram ticket