We visited the Notts pumpkin patch and here’s everything you need to know

Spooky season is upon us

Halloween and reading week are rapidly approaching, which means it’s the perfect time to visit Nottinghamshire’s very own pumpkin patch. Nothing says flat-bonding more than a wholesome day out to the pumpkin patch and a cheeky carving session afterwards.

Pick Your Own is a family-run farm in Southwell with thousands of pumpkins for you to take home and carve just in time for Halloween. The address and directions can be found here on their website.

The site has free parking and entry, and all of the pumpkins are priced by size, ranging from £3 for small ones to £9 for the extra large ones, so don’t fret if Freshers’ Week put you into your overdraft.

You could always get 3 extra small ones for £5 and try your hand at juggling them.

Not only can you pick an array of colours of pumpkins at PYO, but you can also pick homegrown potatoes. It’s a little bit more fun to dig around for some potatoes than buying a bag in Derby Road Sainsbury’s, and it’s only £3 to fill a bag.

There are also pop-up stalls from Rocket Dogs and the Little Schnauzer Coffee Company on-site, which is even more reason to make a day out of the trip.

The patch is open until October 31st, so you’ve got a week left to get into the autumnal spirit and get some super cute pictures for your Instagram highlights.

Although I don’t think I’d recommend wearing brand new white Air Forces if you can avoid it, it is a pumpkin patch after all.

• What your Halloween costume says about you

• Spooktacular halloween events happening in Nottingham this October

Crisis apologises for serial-killer themed Halloween club night after backlash