Nottingham Trent University wins Modern University of the Year 2023

The award is based on teaching quality, student experience and graduate prospects

Nottingham Trent University has won an award for Modern University of the Year. The award was given by The Times and The  Sunday Times. In addition to this, the university has risen 28 places to 42nd in the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.

These commendations can be credited to the university’s dedication to investing in its quality of teaching, student experience and graduate prospects.

The NTU Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Edward Peck said: “We are immensely proud to learn that once again NTU has been named Modern University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times. We won this Award for the first time in 2018. We have a unique track record in being a university of the year in four of the last six years.

“This honour is credit to colleagues’ hard work over the past few years, resulting in a number of awards and achievements which have been recognised by The Times and The Sunday Times.

“NTU prides itself on providing a student experience which is second to none, whether that is through the teaching they receive, by being part of our community or creating opportunities for our graduates to succeed in the future.”

• 11 ways you can be more sustainable as a Notts student without breaking the bank

Do you want to be the voice of Notts students? Come write for The Tab Notts

Police investigating after group of 50 teenagers raided McDonald’s in Notts city centre