Do you want to be the voice of Notts students? Come write for The Tab Notts

Write for the biggest publication on Notts’ campus

The Tab Nottingham is looking for new writers to be a part of its ever-growing team. As a writer, you can find out all the latest news on campus, write about your favourite places in Notts and much more. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, come along to our open meeting on Wednesday 28th September at 5pm in Mooch (in the Portland Building).

The Tab Nottingham is a news site run by Notts students, for Notts students. What’s not to love? Writing for us is a great way to boost your CV and writing skills, and make some new journalist friends. No prior journalism experience is needed, and it doesn’t matter what course you do, anyone can get involved.

What is the Tab Nottingham?

The Tab Nottingham is part of a larger student news site, The Tab. The Tab is a news site curated just for students, with over six million monthly readers, and local sites at over 30 universities across the UK. Articles published by the Tab Nottingham are shared across our social media accounts, which have thousands of followers on our Facebook and Instagram.

The Tab Nottingham covers stories that affect or relate to students at both the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent University. Over the last year, we covered a range of exciting stories, from fun pieces like A rundown of the best vegetarian and vegan restaurants in Notts, to more serious pieces such as Girlfriend of a Derby footballer left unconscious after ‘unprovoked’ attack in city centre.Whatever you enjoy writing about, we have opportunities for everyone.

Why should you write for the Tab Nottingham?

Writing for the Tab Nottingham will give you invaluable experience in the journalism industry, and an opportunity to be a part of a young and dynamic team. Previous Tab writers have gone on to write for national and international publications, such as OK magazine, BBC, and The Times. Our team of student editors are available to train you and help you write articles, as well as a professional journalist from The Tab HQ.

We have weekly meetings and host fun socials with editors and writers, making it a fun way to meet new people.

How can I get involved with the The Tab Nottingham?

If all this sounds like your cup of tea, head on over our open meeting on Wednesday 28th September at 5pm in Mooch and have a chat with our Editorial Team, If you’re unable to attend in person, just drop us a DM and follow us on Instagram for all the latest updates.