You’re a green flag if you do at least 12 of these 17 things as a Notts student

Pretty much the bare minimum, boys x

Red flags really seem to stick out like a sore thumb, but there are a few green flag qualities in a lot of us that sometimes get neglected. Let’s not lose all hope of love in Notts.

We’re not saying you’re perfect if you have these qualities, but it sure does bring you up a level. This is like entry criteria, but don’t let this restrict you from going above and beyond.

Basically, if the bare minimum is having more than one pillow and changing your sheets more than once a term, having two pillows and changing it every reading week and holiday doesn’t mean you’re waving any green flags.

Are your day to day habits green flag material? If you relate to more than 12 of these, you’ve passed the test.

You browse the Beeston charity shops

Beeston is jam-packed with a range of charity shops that have some lovely garms. It doesn’t necessarily have to be Beeston, but it is a bit of a hot spot for charity shops. Green flags for green people.

You’re quiet in the library – especially Hallward

This is obviously common courtesy, but some don’t understand it, I get if Monny P can get a little chatty, but if you’re loud in Hallward? That’s just disrespectful.

If you actually do your work in the library too that’s another point checked off the list.

You’re not on Tinder

Anyone that has ever had Tinder Gold, please grow up. No more disgusting pick up lines thank you.

You shop in Lidl or Aldi

Aldi and Lidl are just good vibes. The whole trip is a whirlwind, especially the medley of items in the middle. More importantly, Lidl bakery is just unbeaten.

You take photos of the bunnies

Who doesn’t love the bunnies hopping, skipping, and jumping around campus? If you take snaps of the wildlife around campus, you’re just as cute as they are.

You have a tidy room

And you’ve got more than one pillow, but that’s really the bare minimum.

You walk to campus from Lenton

Green flags are green for a reason. Not being environmentally friendly is an ick, 100%.

You don’t wear your sports kit everywhere

Come on now, we know you bleed green and gold but there’s no need to wear it absolutely everywhere. We get that you do sports, we really do.

This is probably self-explanatory, but minus points if you attend crisis every week without fail in your shirts and chinos.

You say thank you to the bus driver

If you don’t do this, you’re kind of automatically a bad person.

You’re the housemate that puts the bins out

Nobody wants to do it, but it has to be done. If you’re the housemate that’s responsible for dragging those brown and green wheelie bins out onto the street at 11pm in the freezing cold, wearing nothing but a dressing gown and sliders when you remember it’s bin day tomorrow, we love you.

You turn up to your 9ams

We love someone who cares about their future. It definitely makes you have a superior complex for the rest of the day also.

You don’t have LEDs

LEDs are a thing of the past. We’re moving on now, please.

You have BeReal

If you haven’t heard of BeReal, it’s an app that sends a notification once a day to tell you to take a photo and share it with others within two minutes.

Gone are the days of meticulously edited aesthetic photos, with social media hopefully changing for the better by becoming a lot more relaxed.

Seeing all your friends still in bed at 12pm on a Saturday morning really does help the hangxiety too.

You make the effort in seminars

When your teacher is asking about the reading and the room is filled with an icy silence, everyone breathes a collective sigh of relief when finally somebody begins to waffle. If that’s you, we’re all really, truly grateful. Green flag energy all the way.

You don’t throw VKs off the balcony

We’re all guilty of chucking a few VKs every now and again. But, speaking from experience, when it’s launched at your head from the Ocean or Crisis balcony it can cause a dent.

Bonus points if you don’t solely live off VKs on a night out too.

You belong to a wholesome society

Whether its ArtSoc or Amnesty Society, it shows you’ve got some nice hobbies. Bonus points if its a charity society, obvs.

You’re a good cook

Everyone loves a good home-cooked meal. If you’ve been taught to cook well, you radiate green flag energy.

• Listen up lads: Here are Notts’ girls biggest icks

• What your Notts supermarket choice says about you

• Every type of walk of shame you’ll do whilst at uni in Notts