A run down of the 10 best Notts happy hours

We found all the best deals so you don’t have to

Need to recover from the turbulent deadline season or unwind after a hectic start to term? It’s time to find a place to sit down, have a cocktail or two and catch up with your besties. And from stylish decor, good music and original takes on the classic cocktails, Notts has it all.

H0wever as fellow students, we at The Tab Notts, understand the struggles of being a broke student living off a non-existent budget. Therefore we also know that there is nothing better than a great deal on drinks so you can make the most out of your student loan.

Here are some of the best happy hours in Notts that you might fancy trying, if you haven’t already that is.

1. Penny Lane

Two for one cocktails for £9.95 on Sunday to Thursday, before 9pm.

It’s a firm Notts fave and with this amazing deal you’ll have more money for you and your friends to try and battle it out on air hockey or maybe some basketball.

2. The Walrus

Two cocktails for £10, all night on Thursday and and before 9pm on Friday and Saturday.

If you’re not too hungover from Crisis the night before and looking for a quirky vintage vibe, then this is the place for you. Take advantage of this happy hour and treat yourself to a Kinder Bueno martini – it’s my favourite.

3. Bunk

£6 on cocktails until 10pm everyday.

Coktails and wings anybody? You can’t go wrong with this deal while enjoying some of Notts finest chicken wings.

4. Pepper Rocks

£5.50 on house cocktails until 10pm everyday.

Owned by the same owner as Bunk, you can also take advantage of this amazing deal in Pepper Rocks, sampling an even more amazing range of cocktails.

5. 31K

Cocktails for £6 Sunday to Thursday.

Expertly crafted cocktails 31K’s menu offers some amazing creations as well as the classics. Who can say no to an ‘Aloe-ha Daiquiri’ for only £6?

6. Turtle Bay

Two for one cocktails Sunday to Thursday, 10am — 7pm and 9:30 — close.

Friday and Saturday 10am — 7pm and 10pm — close.

A firm favourite in any city, Turtle Bay is a classic. You really can’t beat two cocktails for under a tenner, specially with their unbeatable Passion Rum Punch.

7. Be at One Bar

Two for one on cocktails Sunday to Thursday, 4:30pm — 8pm, Friday, 4:30pm — 7pm and Saturday, 2pm – 6pm.

From frozen to tequila, gin and rum based cocktails, there is a vast menu of cocktails to sample and something for everyone to enjoy. With the two for one deal valid on two of the same cocktails, why don’t you take your bestie and share some amazing cocktails.

8. Tilt

Cocktails and Prosecco for £4.50 on Tuesday to Friday, 5pm — 7pm.

Hidden from the bustling Pelham Street, Tilt offers an intimate candlelit setting to enjoy their expertly crafted menu of cocktails. With their experts able to make the classics on request,  it would be silly not to take advantage of this amazing deal.

9.  Tier

Cocktails for £5 everyday, 4pm — 8pm.

Also located on Pelham Street, Tier offers great cocktails and a totally instagramable place to enjoy them in. Serving the classics and some more creative cocktails like their ‘Sunset Blush’ for only £5.50 during these times, you just have to take advantage of this happy hour.

10. Coco Tang

Happy hour on Tuesday to Thursday, 7 — 9pm.

If you’re from Notts then you’ve definitely heard of Coco Tang or even taken pictures in front of the Neon signs. It is a firm favourite in Notts for its Asian style cakes and cocktails and aesthetic spaces. No reservations are needed, so why not head down at these times for happy hour and bag a cocktail or two?

• Here’s everything you’ll find on a Notts student’s Instagram

• A definitive ranking of the best nightclub smoking areas in Notts

Here are 26 Valentine’s date ideas for every type of couple in Notts