UoN’s system for distributing graduation e-certificates faces continued delays

The uni says the previous issues are resolved and that grads can expect their certificates in due course

The system which was supposed to distribute e-certificates to graduates had access closed by 13 August after it became apparent that there were errors on students’ certificates.

Following this closure, the university said that their aim was to have e-certificates available to all students by 18 August. But this did not materialise.

In an update to their website, the uni says the issues are now resolved and that students can expect their certificates as they beginning to be being sent out on a “staggered” basis. No estimation of when they will all be delivered was provided.

On 11 August, this year’s graduates at The University of Nottingham received an email from PremierCert+ providing login access to their graduation e-certificates.

Over a week later after the distribution of login credentials, the degree e-certificate service’s website has still not been working with students remaining unable to access their certificates.

It transpired that there were errors on a “very small number” of certificates, causing access to the access for all students to be closed. They had hoped to get it back up by 16 August. This was later delayed by the University to 18 August.

The University now says that new login credentials will be provided to students on a staggered basis and that they “sincerely apologise” for the delay.

However, no estimation as to when students can expect their certificates has been provided.

Until students receive an email in their inbox, they will just have to keep waiting.

Read the full update from the uni website below:

“We sincerely apologise for the delay in accessing your Graduation documentation. The issues previously identified have now been resolved and PremierCert are currently working hard to reset everything.

“NEW emails containing instructions on how to view your electronic Graduation documents will be sent out to the email address detailed in the HOME section of MyNottingham in a staggered approach. Please disregard any previously given log in details as these are no longer valid.”

A University of Nottingham spokesperson said: “We have been emailing e-certificates to 9,000 graduates as planned, but have temporarily halted the service while we address technical issues. We are extremely sorry for the delay in issuing certificates and for any resulting anxiety or inconvenience.

“We will resume the service as soon as possible. In the meantime, summer 2021 graduates who need certificates urgently for employers or visas can use our online duplicate certificate service. While this is a charged service, we will reimburse graduates who need to use this for urgent certificates at this time.”