Rock City bouncers suspended after video of man appearing to be beaten goes viral

The group that manages Rock City has also publicly commented on the incident

Two members of door staff have been suspended from Rock City after a video appearing to show a man being beaten has gone viral.

The incident is alleged to have taken place on Friday 13th August.

DHP family, the organisation which runs the venue, told Nottinghamshire Live that it is taking the matter “very seriously.”

Over the years, Rock City has hosted bands such as Nirvana and Def Leppard

Posted on Snapchat with the caption My man got f*ckeddd up, the viral video appears to show two bouncers in high-visibility jackets punching a male club-goer as he lies on the floor. At one point in the video, one of the bouncers seems to thrust his knee into the club-goer’s face. After this, the club-goer appears to be dragged away by the door staff.

A spokesperson for DHP Family, the organisation that runs student-frequented venues such as Rock City and Stealth, told Nottinghamshire Live: “We are aware of the incident and are working directly with police to resolve this. We take matters such as this very seriously, and the welfare of our attendees is always our main priority.

“The doormen in question were immediately suspended, and we are in dialogue with the company we subcontracted them from so that appropriate measures can be taken.

“We strive to make Rock City a fun, welcoming and safe environment for anyone who visits us, and we do not tolerate this kind of behaviour.”

The Tab Notts contacted DHP family for further comment, however, a response was not provided as of publication.