It’s official! The campus boating lake has reopened and just in time for the mini heatwave

Seeing as we can’t go to the pub, might as well go boating

The news of 21 degree weather in Notts is music to everyone’s ears. However, with Covid rules remaining strict and no pub gardens to relax in just yet, it can be hard to make plans for the heatwave.

But alas there is one vice. In line with the current Covid regulations you can now plan to spend a day on the beautiful boating lake on campus.

The boating lake has been shut due to the pandemic but in line with the Government’s new Covid ‘roadmap’ it was allowed to reopen yesterday on 29th March and is now open daily from 10:30 until 19:00. So whether it’s a misty morning row you’re after or a romantic sunset canoe, this offers the perfect opportunity.

For those who have missed campus views without in person lectures and seminars, you are in luck. From the boating lake you will get the most magnificent view of the iconic Trent building, giving you your much needed dose of campus scenery.

The boats are out and we are all set, opening tomorrow (March 29th) for this year. We look forward to seeing everyone out on the boats again 🥳 🚣

Posted by Highfields Park Boating Lake on Sunday, 28 March 2021

Prices start from £5 per adult, so gather up your pennies and head down before the weather changes to snow(?!) on Monday. The prime location on campus means there are no excuses, even those living as far up in Lenton as Balfour Road can find themselves in a boat within half an hour.

A final word of warning: look out for the geese.

• I went to campus to watch the sunrise and it was absolutely mad

• A definitive ranking of the best places to study on UoN campus

• A definitive ranking of every Notts bar you’ll visit after lockdown