In pictures: A Sarah Everard memorial has been put up on the Portland steps

‘Girls just wanna have FUNdamental human rights’

In the past 24 hours, students have been laying flowers and posters outside Portland building in support of the #ReclaimTheseStreets and #KillTheBill campaigns.

Following the murder of Sarah Everard at the beginning of this month, women everywhere have been coming forward with their own stories of sexual harassment and assault leading to the start of these campaigns.

Sarah Everard went missing whilst walking home on 3rd March, before her body was found and identified a week later in Kent. Police officer Wayne Couzens has been charged with her murder.

In person vigils for Sarah were organised across the country before being condemned by the police for breaking Covid regulations. However, the one in Nottingham’s Old Market Square did go ahead with attendees describing it as “beautiful” and respectful.

Since the vigil, the Brian Clough statue in the town centre has remained as a memorial to Sarah and now students have done the same here on campus too.

Not all men but all women

Its never a compliment

Please be respectful

97 per cent

Silence is compliance

Cyndi Lauper had it wrong

All women have both sent and received this text

Educate your sons

Nottingham fell silent as the city showed their solidarity for Sarah Everard in Saturday’s vigil

• What it’s actually like to be a woman scared to walk alone through Lenton

• Students are three times more likely to be sexually assaulted than anyone else, new stats reveal