One of the queens on Drag Race UK was a Notts student and made a jokes SU election video

It’s iconic to say the least

An old gem of a video has been dug up on Twitter, in which Lawrence Bolton, AKA Tia Kofi, a drag performer and one of season 2’s contestants on RuPaul’s Drag Race UK can be seen hitting some serious bars.

Turns out the self named “Queen of Clapham” also happens to be a Notts alum, and ran as the SU’s activities officer when back at uni.

The video shows Lawrence making his way around some well-known sites in the uni, such as Mooch and Jubilee Campus. Followed by his groovy entourage, they ensure that this campaign video is truly a work of art.

After his debut in the SU video, running as a Notts society officer, Tia Kofi took her talents over to X Factor in 2016, auditioning alongside her Drag Queen bandmates, ‘The Vixens’.

Now Tia Kofi, featuring in the second series of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK which premiered its first episode last night on BBC Three, is set for big things after the huge success of its first season.

Twelve queens are set to stroll into the work room to compete to join the Drag Race Hall of Fame. The highly-anticipated season will also see the return of RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Graham Norton and Alan Carr. They’re also planning a star-studded line-up of guest judges such as Dawn French, Gemma Collins, Lorraine Kelly and Maya Jama.

Joining the likes of other famous alum, such as Gov scientist and meme king Jonathan Van-Tam, actress Ruth Wilson and legendary writer and poet D.H. Lawrence. Notts clearly breed some special talents.