Notts expected to remain in Tier 3 lockdown after government review

I just wanna go to the pub

Nottingham is expected to remain in a Tier 3 lockdown after the government review of the current tier system next week.

Nottingham has been in a Tier 3 lockdown since the end of October when the government first introduced the tiered lockdown system across the UK and it doesn’t appear that these restrictions will be easing up anytime soon.

Leader of the Ashfield District Council, Jason Zadrozny said that the decision made on 16th December will be determined based on the number of cases throughout the county: “It’s all about cases at the moment, hospital admissions are fairly stable, although they’re talking about the capacity for doing other normal routine stuff being a challenge.”

“In every area of the East Midlands the number is dropping week-on-week, it’s just not dropping as fast I guess as we’d like.”

“There’s still a strong case for us to be moved into Tier 2 but that’s entirely down to the Government and not us at all.”

However, Zadrozny isn’t hopeful that the restrictions throughout the country will be relaxed and he believes that it is likely Nottingham will stay under Tier 3 restrictions.

“Everywhere in the region is currently higher than the Tier 3 number. So it didn’t give me any optimism.”

• Notts Christmas market forced to close only one day after it opened

• Notts bar applies to become a church in order to dodge tier three restrictions