nottingham tier
Breaking News

Government announces Nottingham will go into a Tier 3 lockdown

This will be in effect from 2nd – 16th December

The government has announced that Nottingham will go into Tier 3 after the 28 day national lockdown finishes on 2nd December.

On Monday this week, the Prime Minister, whilst addressing the House of Commons, announced that once the 28 day national lockdown ended, the UK would go into regional lockdowns as part of the government’s tiered lockdown scheme.

nottingham tier

The government has placed Nottingham in Tier 3

Today it was announced that Nottingham would be going into a Tier 3 lockdown with a “very high” alert level and the strictest measures possible, from 2nd December when the national lockdown ends until 16th December. Tier allocations will be reviewed every 14 days but it is expected that the tiered lockdowns across the country will be in place until March.

In Tier 3 people can only meet with people outside their household or support bubble if they are in a specific public, outdoor location such as parks. The rule of six also still applies in all outdoor settings when with your household.

All hospitality will only be allowed to open for takeaway only. This means that all pubs, cinemas and indoor entertainment will be forced to close.

Elsewhere in the country, Bristol, Durham, Leeds, and Lancashire are all in Tier 3. London is in Tier 2, along with Brighton and Southampton.

The only areas in the entire country to be put in Tier 1 are Cornwall and the Isle of Wight.

Other articles recommended by this author:

• Nottingham to receive COVID-19 vaccine by the 9th of December

• Here’s how to get a Covid test from UoN before travelling home for the holidays

• Here is how to get a Covid test from Trent before travelling home for the holidays