Here is how to get a Covid test from Trent before travelling home for the holidays

Teaching will be moved online from 4th December

Nottingham Trent has released their advice for students who are planning to travel home at the end of term one.

They state that teaching for both undergraduate and postgraduate students will move entirely online, slightly ahead of the end of term.

As well as this, students are advised to book a ‘Covid-19 Lateral Flow Test’ which will be staggered to encourage students to travel over a phased period.

How to book a Covid-19 Lateral Flow Test

Once your school has confirmed when your face-to-face teaching will stop and move online, you should book a test soon after.

The test is self-administered but two tests need to be taken, three days apart. Results will be delivered through the NHS Test and Trace service via SMS or email within two hours.

Book here!

Testing facilities locations

The uni then informed students of where they can go on campus to get tested and when, and stated that a face covering must be worn until you are in your individual testing booth.

City, Clifton and Brackenhurst Campuses

Date: Monday 30 November to Wednesday 9 December
Time: Monday to Friday, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm (weekends closed)

Locations:

• City Campus: The Refectory, Newton Building

• Clifton Campus: Level 1, Sports Hall and Dance Studio

• Brackenhurst Campus: Lyth Building

Mansfield Campus

Date: Thursday 3 and Monday 7 December
Time: 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Location: University Centre at West Nottinghamshire College

If both results are negative, the university advise that you travel home as soon as possible in order to minimise the risk of exposure to the virus before returning home.

If either of your results come back positive, you must self-isolate for 10 days at your term-time address, a NHS Covid-19 test will be sent to you and you should complete the NTU Coronavirus Tracking Form.

The government is currently preparing guidance for students returning to campus in January, but Nottingham Trent promise that they will continue their blended approach to learning in term two.