Revealed: 550 Notts students say they’re currently self-isolating

Post boxes in Lenton are overflowing with Covid testing kits waiting to be sent back

An estimated 550 Nottingham students are currently self-isolating, a poll on The Nottingham Tab’s Instagram has revealed.

Students report how so many students are getting tested that post boxes in Lenton are overflowing with Covid testing kits waiting to be sent back.

Out of more than 2000 people who answered our poll, 34 per cent said that they were currently self-isolating, while 66 per cent said they are not.

In total, over 4000 people viewed the story, leaving 13 per cent of those responses as those who are self-isolating.

Students have also reported the overwhelming amount of coronavirus home-tests being sent off from Lenton at the moment.

Post box in Lenton

Amy Collins, a third year student at the University of Nottingham told the Nottingham Tab: “I went to the postbox on Ilkeston road to post a home test for my housemate who is currently self-isolating.

“I got to the post box and saw test boxes hanging out of it, and there was no room for any more. Looking inside the post box the entire thing was filled to the brim with the home test boxes! We had to drive to Castle Marina and post it there.”

A follow up poll on the Nottingham Tab’s Instagram revealed that at least 230 people have tested positive for the Coronavirus, since returning back to Nottingham.

This news comes alongside a rapid increase of Coronavirus cases across all UK Universities, including 474 students who tested positive for the virus at the University of Sheffield, and an additional 770 at Northumbria University.