Bierkeller confirm that 16 of their staff have tested positive for COVID-19

The venue has been deep cleaned and the staff are isolating.

One of Nottingham’s most popular student venues, Bavarian themed Bierkeller, has revealed that 16 of their staff members have tested positive for coronavirus. A statement made by the venue said “We’re doing whatever we can to make sure they’re okay.”

These new positive results come after a statement issued on 28th September via Bierkeller’s Facebook page revealed an initial  member of staff had tested positive for the virus. After this incident, the venue shut for deep cleaning and subsequently was able to reopen a few days later.

The following comment has been released, RE: Nottingham Post Article. “There has been an outbreak of Corona Virus…

Posted by Nottingham Bierkeller on Thursday, 1 October 2020

Bierkeller’s General Manager, Frances Loi said “The decision to close on Sunday was because I wasn’t confident we had the staff numbers on site to operate and it also meant we could identify which staff had been in close proximity to the affected and get them to isolate.

However, now with 16 staff members off work and self isolating, Bierkeller has had to source staff from its two other venues in Manchester and Birmingham who will now be working at the Nottingham branch for the foreseeable future.

“We were able to do a deep clean of the venue and the following day, we put the call out that we would need staff from other sites and they will now be with us for the foreseeable.”

Commenting nn the out sourced staff, Loi stated “I am confident they have either isolated or remained in bubbles so we can continue safely.”

The infected staff will not be able to return to work until they have tested negative for coronavirus.

Related articles recommended by this writer:

• Revealed: 550 Notts students say they’re currently self-isolating

• Covid outbreak in Nightingale Hall leaves UoN freshers self-isolating

• The best things to do when you’re stuck in your student house