Image may contain: Female, Portrait, Photo, Photography, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human, Face

The Nottingham Tab are recruiting – come and join us!

Our first meeting is Thursday 3rd October at Mooch!

The Nottingham Tab is the place to find out Notts uni news. It is run by students, for students.

We are looking for an array of talents, whether you're interested in writing, photography or meme-making (check out our Instagram page for some top notch memes) there is a place for you at The Tab.

We're having an open meeting on Thursday 3rd October at 6:30pm at Mooch. Come join us for a bev and a chat! For more info, head to the Facebook event here.

Image may contain: Photography, Photo, Portrait, Face, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

What is The Tab?

The Tab is the biggest student news site in the UK with over six million monthly readers. Last year was an exciting year for The Nottingham Tab as our Instagram page exploded and our readers grew in numbers. We're aiming even higher this year and we need your help!

We break the biggest stories on campus. We cover all things to do with University life in Nottingham, from breaking news reports of uni accomodation literally being on fire to calling out the university on still having a gender pay gap to the crazy antics students at Nottingham get up to, like blacking out and waking up on a plane to Barcelona.

Why should I write for The Nottingham Tab?

Writing for The Nottingham Tab, your stories will reach thousands of student readers and you’ll get a great understanding of how the world of modern news media works. You can write as much or as little as you want, there’s no pressure. No previous writing experience required!

The team works with an Assistant Editor based at Tab HQ in London. They provide training in the basics of reporting, and quality advice on how to make your writing stand out, advice you won’t get anywhere else.

Tab alumni have gone on to work for amazing companies such as Vice, Buzzfeed, BBC, The Times, The Telegraph and Vogue, as well as lots of other national and international media companies. So as well as having loads of fun, it’s a great thing to be able to pop on your CV!

How can I get involved?

It’s simple. If you’re keen you can:

– Click attending on our Facebook event

– DM us on Instagram

– Message our Facebook page

Come along to the meeting where we will chat about article ideas over a few bevs.