Image may contain: Girl, People, Collage, Female, Clothing, Apparel, Accessories, Accessory, Glasses, Face, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Advertisement, Poster, Human, Person

Notts BNOC of the year 2019: Round One

Who will you vote for?

BNOC is the title everyone wants, but only one can get. Here is the first round of candidates in for a chance to get the coveted title. Use your vote wisely as this will most definitely change their lives.

Sam Hawkins, second year, Psychology

Image may contain: Hair, People, Sphere, Boy, Apparel, Clothing, Human, Person

Already crowned 'Mr Trampoline' in an international trampoline competition, Sam is the perfect BNOC. He is this years social sec for Trampoline and will be your LGBT+ Officer next year! If you don't see him dressed in a mankini on a night out you will have seen him pulling the deepest squat on the Portland TV in a video showcasing the Trampoline talent we have at UoN. He has also been the Crisis celeb so he's used to having crazed fans chase him so he'll handle the BNOC crown with ease.

Megan Rogerson, third year, English

Image may contain: Text, Photo, Portrait, Photography, Crowd, Lighting, Accessories, Glasses, Accessory, People, Female, Clothing, Apparel, Purple, Paper, Party, Face, Chair, Furniture, Person, Human

You may recognise Megan from her Mystic Meg campaign as she ran for SU President. She's hoping the voting goes better this time around.. If you don't recognise her from that, you will have seen her in Mooch, serving you your well earned post exam alcohol fix, where she works as Duty Manager. A true asset to the uni, she has won an award at the student volunteer awards for her contribution with Karnival and she's also been nominated for an award at the SU awards and prizes for her contribution to the SU. If that wasn't enough, she also wrote her dissertation on memes.

Adam Huckerby, second year, Politics and International Relations

Image may contain: Shirt, Man, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

Our next candidate has been previously featured on The Nottingham Tab for creating Nottingchums, a facebook page for UoN students to meet new people. He "needs something to put on my CV", so what better to put on than being crowned BNOC. Although by the sounds of it he doesn't need to add much more as he ran for Borough Councillor as a member of the Labour party and afterall having a photo with Corbyn is definitely BNOC behaviour. To quote the man himself, "don't let me lose to another Tory".

Tim Chattell, second year, History and Politics

Image may contain: Blossom, Flower, Pants, Outdoors, Sleeve, Vegetation, Apparel, Clothing, Tree, Plant, Human, Person

If you don't know Tim from either the Conservative Association, the Officer Training Corps, the Christian Union, the Taekwondo club, the local church scene or from History and Politics lectures, you may have seen him on national TV where he forget how to pronounce ‘floccinaucinihilipilification’. He manages to expertly combine knowing nearly everyone with a remarkable ability to forget their names immediately afterwards: he once introduced himself to his housemate-to-be no less than three separate times. His friends have even made memes about him. Don't worry if you haven't seen him around through, he's easy to miss at a mere 5'4. Truly an iconic candidate, if ‘little’ else.

Mark Stewart, second year, Pharmacy

Image may contain: Tree, Plant, Long Sleeve, Home Decor, Jacket, Coat, Sleeve, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

At 6'7, Mark truly is the BIGGEST name on campus. Height like that means he was born to play for UoN's Basketball team. He is a manager for Wavelist, a company specialising in club events, meaning he's been on stage with the likes of Unknown T and more. He even had his 20th birthday party at Pryzm where he hired out all the VIP booths in Curve. If all that isn't enough, he is also featured in the advertisements for Ink!

There you have it, our first five candidates. Vote below for who you think should get through to the next round!