Image may contain: Conifer, Bush, Grove, Nature, Land, Woodland, Forest, Tree, Fence, Hedge, Vegetation, Lawn, Outdoors, Park, Person, Human, Grass, Plant

Somehow Nottingham is best rated for Agriculture in the UK

Apart from that, we’ve been pretty average this year

Our claim to fame this year in The Complete University Guide league tables is being the top university in the UK for Agriculture and Forestry, our third year running. Exciting, I know.

Image may contain: Plot

Queen's, Belfast was close behind us in second and our oldest rivals, Nottingham Trent, came close in third. We even beat the Royal Agriculture University who placed surprisingly low at 13th.

In the league table overall, we came down two places from last year putting us at 19th.

But it's not that bad as we beat some pretty good universities including King's College, Southampton and Queen Mary's to name a few. Surprise, surprise, Cambridge came in at the top of the league and Oxford followed close behind in second.

Notts scored particularly highly for the following subjects:

Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering – 9th

American Studies – 4th

Building – 6th

Chemical Engineering – 4th

Chemistry – 8th

Classics & Ancient History – 10th

Communication & Media Studies – 6th

Creative Writing – 8th

East & South Asian Studies – 7th

Economics – 9th

Food Science – 6th

Pharmacology & Pharmacy – 4th

Physics & Astronomy – 8th

Physiotherapy – 3rd

Social Work – 2nd

Veterinary Medicine – 6th

Count yourself lucky if you study any of those subjects, but the rest of us will have to stick to telling people that we must be a good uni because we're Russell Group.