Image may contain: Blossom, Flower, Female, Plant, Indoors, Shirt, Tie, Accessories, Accessory, Smile, Face, Party, Gown, Robe, Fashion, Evening Dress, Dress, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

Cock-Soc Returns in 2019

The legendary night is back for another banger

The infamous Cock-Soc returns this year on 17th-19th June.

Whether you’re a seasoned regular or making your debut, this is definitely not one to miss.

Image may contain: Female, Tuxedo, Man, Portrait, Photography, Photo, Dress, Smile, Lighting, Face, Overcoat, Coat, Suit, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing, Footwear, Shoe

This year is dubbed the Exposition Universelle, a Neo-Victorian Steampunk themed night that’s sure to blow minds. Cock-Soc teases:

"Dr Albert Ninesteins has been missing for the last 3 years. Some say he’s been creating a machine to reverse brexit, some say he’s been queueing for a meal deal in Boots. Others just think he’s been on one of his grand and famous benders. ?

But the jig is up! He was spotted back in London last week!

The word on the street is that he’s invented an incredible new contraption forged from rare metals found on the Orient. To boot, he’s planning on unveiling the wondrous invention in Nottingham at l’Exposition Universelle! ?

Only society’s wonkiest are invited and that includes YOU!… ??"

The outside area will be transformed into the streets of Paris, complete with rideable steam train, (unrideable) actors and the revelation of an exciting invention by the man central to the concept, Dr Albert Ninestein.

A ticket includes a Bucks Fizz reception, a proper posh 3 course meal, a bottle of wine per person, a bottle of Port of Bailey’s per table, a pres pack and of course, access to the stunning acts and entertainment on the night.

Image may contain: Glass, Audience, Room, Crowd, Indoors, Person, Human

Cock-Soc has made a name for itself in becoming the rite of passage for the students of Nottingham, open to all years at both UoN and Trent.

Last year dazzled with The Temple of Tipple, renowned for (mildly problematic) camels.

Image may contain: Indoors, Audience, People, Lighting, Festival, Crowd, Human, Person

Previous years covered Prohibiton, Alice in Wonderland, Moulin Rouge, Chronicles of Narnia and more, with everything from ice sculptures, the Eiffel Tower, a double decker bus, to a (more than mildly problematic) fire-breathing dwarf.

Image may contain: Paper, Apparel, Clothing, Premiere, Fashion, Person, Human

Cock-Soc always provides the most extravagant decor and value for money, and this year promises to be no different. With a legacy dating back to the debauchery of the 80s, Cocksoc formed as a society that was shut down due to binge drinking related antics in Portland. Carpe Noctum then bought the name and formed the drunken extravaganza we all know and love today.

Image may contain: Alcohol, Karaoke, Leisure Activities, Night Club, Club, Apparel, Clothing, Beverage, Drink, Party, Person, Human

Same

With the new venture, the 'Cock-Soc Club Night' at BOX unveiled, the legacy continues…and here's to many more.