One in 50 Nottingham students are victims of violent and sexual crime

We’re half as likely to be robbed as students at Trent

New statistics show one in 50 students at University of Nottingham will be victim of violent and sexual crime.

The Complete University Guide took the number of crimes reported from July 2015 to June 2016 per one thousand residents within student areas. These crimes include burglary, robbery and violence and sexual offences.

They found the University of Nottingham  had a total score of just under three per cent for all crimes reported. Two per cent of people are likely to be a victim of violence and sexual offences. While burglary and robbery rates total one per cent.

University of Nottingham students are half as likely to be robbed as a student at Nottingham Trent and less likely to be the victim of a violent or sexual crime. In January two men were arrested for a series of robberies in Lenton and almost half of girls at the University of Nottingham say they have been sexually assaulted according to a Tab poll.

These statistics are based on all residents and not just students, the results are taken within wards or electoral divisions weighted by student population.