Stolen laptop returned to grateful third year

It had irreplaceable pictures on it

Yesterday, The Tab Nottingham launched an appeal for the return of Politics third year, Isla Thomas’ laptop. The laptop contained hundreds of irreplaceable images and videos of Isla’s father, who suffers from Motor Neurone Disease.

Father and daughter

Today, one week after its disappearance, the laptop was returned.

Back with the rightful owner

Isla awoke this morning to her neighbour knocking on her door, in her arms was the precious laptop. Needless to say her reaction was one of complete elation: “My whole house was stood around me and this poor lady that I was hugging and crying on her shoulder, I think she was terrified for her life!”

Safe and sound in Hallward Library

Isla’s neighbour found the Macbook Pro left on her recycling bin early this morning. Being unaware of Isla’s house number, she assumes the conscious-stricken culprit chose the first house on Teversal Avenue to drop and run the missing laptop.

The laptop’s reappearance comes less than 24 hours after the Tab’s article pleading for its return: “I think someone must have read the article and felt really bad”.

She added: “I’d like to thank everyone for their support, my faith in humanity has once again been restored!”.

Isla’s laptop is the latest victory in a string of successful Tab campaigns which began with the return of Jonathan Priestley’s infamous wheelchair just over a month ago.

If you have a precious item stolen or lost, email [email protected] we may just find it.