Nottingham graduate Matt Carapiet missing in Nepal

He was trecking in the Langtang Valley

Architecture graduate Matt Carapiet is still missing following the devastation caused by the earthquake in Nepal. 

Matt, who graduated in 2013 with a 2:1, was trekking north of the capital Kathmandu just before the disaster.

A facebook page, Bring Matt Carapiet Home, has over 1000 likes, and it has been shared by architecture students past and present who worked with Matt and are desperate to see him return home safely.

His friends have described him as a “great guy” and “super talented”.

His family and friends are relying on the page to try and locate where he was when the earthquake struck on Saturday 25th April.

They know he was planning on visiting the cheese factory in Langtang and that is one of the only remaining buildings.

According to the page a British team flew over Langtang Village today and an embassy team will arrive in Dhunche tomorrow to start coordinating more detailed searches of the Langtang Valley.

He last made contact with his family on 19th April, five days before the earthquake, telling them he would be out of contact as he was trekking to the Langtang Valley.

His family have criticised the foreign office for the lack of information they have received.