Poly invades pitch at football varsity

At least we pay their benefits

This is the moment classless poly fans stormed the pitch at Meadow Lane before the final whistle.

The “Trent Army” invaded the turf before and after the final whistle was blown in the football varsity fixture.

trentpitch

Scuffles broke out between jubilant Trent fans and Notts players with more A-levels than them.

trentpitch4

The four stewards surprisingly failed to restrain the hundreds of NTU supporters, who deemed it appropriate to rush the pitch twice, to celebrate their undeserved win.

The match ended in a 2-1 loss to unay after a valiant effort by the IMS all-stars, who managed, for the most part, to hold their own against the supposedly superior Trent first team.

Nottingham scored first, in the 24th minute of the scandal-ridden fixture, but admittedly strong efforts from Trent in the 36th and 80th minutes saw the game put to bed, without the need for extra time.

The NUFC team was controversially banned and their president suspended earlier this year after an investigation found that one of their socials had broken an SU rule that says events must be “ethical and non-degrading.”

This loss, coupled with NWFC’s earlier 4-2 defeat takes the overall Varsity series score to 7-5, with Notts managing to cling on a slim lead.