Notts still top for job prospects

Employers can’t stop giving us jobs

The results from the latest uni polls are in and we’re ranked number one for job prospects. 

A nationwide survey of 20,000 students in the Whatuni Choice Awards said we’re the best for getting work after graduation.

The overall uni of the year crown was won by our East-Midlands rivals Loughborough, who also topped the individual categories for SU and accommodation.

This result presumably came about because their students were so bored they had time to properly fill out this survey.

some of these grads are employed

Unusually for them, Trent placed highly in a table that wasn’t about Vice Chancellor salaries or poor academic standards, as they came second for city life.

There was no mention of us, despite the fact we share exactly the same city.

The eagerly anticipated results were revealed at an exclusive event in London, which was sadly not televised.

I’ts a shame there wasn’t a category for luscious green spaces or largest lake, which we would surely have won. But we still win as the uni experience is meaningless without a job at the end of it.

All the hours in here might actually be worth it

The survey also revealed student satisfaction is up. On average, we’re rating the overall uni experience better than in 2014 except in the category of accommodation, which was the only area that saw a drop.

Unsurprisingly, there are clear differences between Russell Group and non-Russell Group unis: we perform well for job prospects, city life, and clubs and societies but not that much better for student support and courses and lecturers.