Victory for Tab campaign: Nottingham finally installing puppy room

Your prayers have been answered

In a huge win for our happiness, The Tab’s call for a stress relieving puppy room has been answered by the heroic Law society.

After Nottingham’s disappointing drop in The Times student experience survey, we asked: “can someone hurry up and get us a puppy room?”

Within hours the Law society got in touch, detailing their plans for a one day puppy room on the 1st May in the Portland Atrium.

notts guide dog 1 notts guide dog 2

The puppies on offer will be guide dogs in training and puppies – mainly made up of Labradors and Golden Retrievers. Allotted puppy time will depend on demand on the day, and queues at the Portland Atrium are expected.

It’s part of the society’s “wellness week” which is also offering hypnosis sessions, yoga and morning raves.

Law Society Welfare Officer, Jessica Tagg, said: “we want to encourage students to take beneficial time out of their studies, to focus their minds and place an emphasis on the importance of looking after themselves and their health during the exam period.”

The pooches with also get the socialising aspect of their training.

The society, who are teaming up with charity Guide Dogs, are asking for a minimum £2 donation from students which will go towards the charity, helping to train the pups and support Guide Dogs’ work for people with a visual impairment.

notts guide dog 311013123_656954011116589_5048988236089893838_n

Open to all, the week offers many events such as a tea break with Nightline, a hypnosis session with MassageSoc, a crafternoon with Student Minds, and a morning rave with URN.