19-year-old left in life-threatening condition after falling from third floor window at QMC

He sustained severe injuries

A 19-year-old man has been left in critical condition after falling from a third floor window at QMC early Saturday morning.

It is not known whether he is a student.

A spokesman for Nottingham Police said: “Nottinghamshire Police was called just after 6.20am on Saturday after a 19-year-old man fell from a window at Nottingham’s Queen’s Medical Centre.”

The police are undergoing investigations in order to establish a clear understanding of the incident and to determine whether the jump was deliberate or not.

A spokesman for the force said: “A police cordon remains in place within the Queen’s Medical Centre building, as enquiries are on going to establish the circumstances surrounding this incident”.

Visitors to the hospital were met with police at the scene with evidence of a smashed window.

Sean Fay, 22, from Stapleford, had been visiting his grandfather in hospital when he saw the cordon. He told the Nottingham Post: “There were two police cars here and it looked like they were kind of cleaning up. It happened just around the corner from the entrance to the accident and emergency department, near to the West Block.

“It looks like someone has jumped from a room which is three floors up. I went in to see my granddad, and when I came outside saw the scene and the window looked like it was smashed.”

A spokeswoman for the Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust said: “We can confirm that a patient remains in a critical condition following what is understood to be a determined attempt to jump from a third floor window at QMC in the early hours of this morning.

“Our thoughts are with the family at this time. Staff are receiving appropriate support.”