Knights left cheerless after callous Lenton looting

£500 of charity money was stolen

Heartless robbers stole the cash generated by the saucy Nottingham Knights calendar.

The gorgeous cheerleaders were left with little to cheer about after the money raised was taken in a burglary before the Christmas break.

Unfortunately the charity sec’s house on Teversal Avenue was burgled where all of their merry makings were pinched.

The cheerleaders inhabited Portland at the end of last term and raised an impressive £500 for local charity Forget-Me-Notts.

The Cheerleaders were a regular sight in Portland before christmas

Charity Sec Georgie Feldman said: “We are absolutely devastated by this loss. Laptops, iPods and bags were also stolen along with the charity money we had raised so far which was on my desk.

“It means a lot as I know this small charity depends so much on our fundraising efforts.”

The cheerers performed at Crisis and spent countless days bag packing Tesco in Beeston as well as selling their popular calendars.

The charity, a cleverly named local project associated with Operation Orphan, have a very close affiliation with the Knights and have done for several years.

Where the burglary took place

The charity relies strongly on  the donated money and this tragic break-in has not only left the Knights out of pocket, but leaves the charity in a sticky situation with considerably less income than normal.

The cheerleaders have vowed to raise the money again.

Niamh McNiff, President of the Cheerleading Society said:  “We aim to make back the money by doing a 5K run in the next few weeks and selling any last remaining calendars we have.

“All the help we can get would be greatly appreciated”.